Getting lost in a book could be a dangerous practice! Friday I rode the train to meet A & T to go to Body Worlds (great exhibit, by the way). K offered to drop me off at the station and pick me up on my return trip. So off I went with a fresh book to read for this month's Book Group! On the way home I had a hard time concentrating on my reading due to obnoxious cell phone users (Why do they have to talk so loud? No one else wants to hear their conversation!!). On a good day I can successfully block out a lot of stuff but I had to make a very concentrated effort to block out these thoughtless fellow riders. So I heard the engineer announce, "Ladies and gentlemen we are now approaching the R Station." and I kept on reading - annoyed by yet another phone conversation behind me! Then my cell phone rang - it was K asking where I was. "The R Station", I informed him as I glanced out the train window to see that I was actually sitting at the O Station! Oops! I hurried off the train just before it began its Southbound trip back to where I had come from. Boy, I am thankful for a loving, caring husband who is on time to pick me up and worried when I don't disembark the train I told him I would be on! I could still be riding the train forever! At least until I finished my book!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Have You Ever Got Lost in a Book?
Posted by Canuck at 4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment